The last thing you want to hear when you’re away from your little one is tornado sirens or news of another safety concern. In the unlikely event of a crisis, you can breathe a sigh of relief knowing your child is in the hands of a trained faculty and staff at the Early Learning Center at MTCS.
We’ve worked with the Murfreesboro Police and Fire Departments to ensure our emergency preparedness plans are more than adequate to protect our children. Parents with students at Early Learning Center are encouraged to learn more about our safety procedures by contacting our staff for an appointment.
We know how important communication is in an emergency situation. With multiple communications tools, we work hard to maintain a constant flow of communication with parents.
- Parent Alert Text Messaging – a text messaging service used by MTCS to communicate instantly with parents
- Social Media – Follow Us on Twitter and Facebook for feeds of information. We will use a special hashtag for important news updates #MTCSCares
- School Closings – information on school closings will be available on TV Channels 2, 4, 5 & 17, as well as local radio, WGNS.
Here are some basic safety policies for parents:
- If the Early Learning Center at MTCS is on a safety lock down, parents are asked to go to the main MTCS campus to await information and instructions. Additional people can hinder emergency personnel from properly addressing the situation.
- In the event of a tornado, please do not attempt to pick up your child until after the threat of severe weather has passed. Our plans are in place to keep children safe.
- In the case of a fire, children will be evacuated from the building to a safe location. Pay attention to text alerts and other parent communications for the proper place to retrieve the child so as not to interfere with emergency personnel.
- In the event of a school closing or delay due to inclement weather, announcements will be made regarding operating hours through our Parent Alert System.
- Early Learning Center at MTCS takes the safety of its children seriously. As parents we know that information is vital and we commit to informing parents with as many updates as possible. As emerging technologies for communication become available, we will add them to the mix of communications tools for our parents.
- If you need to contact the school during an emergency situation, please contact the main campus at 615-893-0601
Latest Updates from the Early Learning Center at MTCS.